Tuesday 30 November 2010

New Music: David Lynch.



Well, what can I say? David Lynch, author, practitioner of transcendental meditation, producer and beloved writer and director of classic films such as Blue Velvet, Twin Peaks, Eraserhead, Dune (I know it was critically mauled, but dammit, I liked it), and Wild At Heart, can now add "electronic music composer" to his long and admirable resumé.


For on the 26th of November Mr Lynch released through iTunes a catchy little piece of pop confectionary entitled "Good Day Today." And here it is, for your listening pleasure!



What do you think? I quite like it -- it's got a cheery and pulsing beat, a groovy early '90s trance vibe going on, and Lynch's digitally distorted vocals seem so ... Lynchian, if you'll forgive me for using that term. "Good Day Today" chugs merrily along, and makes me smile. There's real hope and wonder going on in this track -- I love it. Kudos to Mr Lynch; he really is a Renaissance Man.

No comments: