Sunday 12 September 2010

Patience, My Lovelies. And IAMX.


Hello from your faithful friends at Second Drawer Up! Well, I really can't say "faithful" in the truest of senses - I've been a little bit slow on the draw as to putting new enticing entries, reviews, and general bric-a-brac up on this site. My apologies!

I've just been incredibly busy as of late. My London gal is moving back to her native Australia, and is coasting through the grand city of San Francisco (my environs) on her way there. And then, once she's back on her native shores, I (and this site) will be moving Down Under, towards the beginning of October. So that's exciting!

So, don't worry (if, indeed, you ever were worrying)! There will be more material coming up this very week. Expect an in-depth look back at a-ha's seminal album Hunting High And Low, a review of Stereo Total's September show at Slim's, a review of the new OMD album History Of Modern, and other mouth-watering morsels, including a new installment of Video Disturbeo.

Thanks again for your patience. Please come visit, and visit often (and tell all your friends!).

For now, here's a song from an act that's been playing on my stereo quite a bit over the last few days: Berlin's own IAMX, a long-running project from Chris Corner, formally from the band Sneaker Pimps. In my own reckoning, I like to think of him as the morbid offspring of Marc Almond, Frank Tovey (Fad Gadget), and Steve Strange of Visage. I will be writing more about him in the very near future - providing any of you are still reading this very lazy blog! Cheers, my friends - be well, and talk to you all soon!

From the 2004 album Kiss + Swallow, here is "Missile." Absolutely fantastic track.

No comments: